Tuesday 26 March 2013

MOJO286 Circle or Square Cards Entry #2

Hi All!

Here is my 2nd entry for MOJO #286 and it is a 4x4 square card. I made it for a friend of mine who recently lost her husband and then went out of town to stay with family until after Easter. A bunch of us from the previous women's committee at church are planning on getting together with her when she gets back.Instead of a banner like on the sample card I have placed a dainty string of pearls. Instead of a star, I have made a large scallop circle with the sentiment. Hope you all enjoy this card.  I think it is very beautiful. The card recipe is down below.

Ink: Black staz-on. Stamped the sentiment from one of my Just Rite sets onto SU (Stampin' Up) Whisper White cardstock. The flower at the bottom is another image from that Just Rite set which I coloured in with some old pencil crayons that my little niece left behind at my place a few years ago. The pearl in the middle is a liquid pearl from a Viva Salmon coloured Pearl Pen. I put the liquid pearl on after I added shimmer/glitter to the sentiment.

Glitter: On the sentiment circle piece you will see some shimmering glitter if you look close. I used a sheet of Sookwang two way tape in an 8x11 sheet and cut a 2inch circle with my SU circle punch and gently laid it over top the stamped and coloured sentiment then put some ultra fine clear glitter on it and gently tapped the excess off into my SU Powder Pal. Then I added the salmon coloured liquid pearl. I love the delicate shimmer!

Paper: SU DSP, SU black cardstock and brown glitter paper given to me from a friend. I scalloped the edges using one of my SU framelits and then accented the image with and SU scallop embossing folder. Used the large SU scallop Square SU die to cut out the main backing of the card on white cardstock. The pearls and ribbon were from SU.


Hope you enjoy! ~Happy Stampin'~ Jenny G

No comments:

Post a Comment